Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 3:46 AM Posted by Ermename Eliester 0 Comments


Amazing. Just… amazing. I have to say I am quite touched by this anime, as it is so rare to find truely stunning shows in this day and age. I felt the slightest bit worried at the start that this show would turn in to the cliche of angst and betrayal that usually surrounds series with a dark undertone, but it certainly did not. From start to finish, and anime remained true, and and questions I thought may be left un answered were wrapped up nicely. Though perhaps there are a few more things I would have like to know at the end, they can hardly be considered plot holes or loose ends.
I gave the story an 8 out of 10 purely because it didn’t matter to me. I was far more interested in the art, sound and character development. On a whole, the story is fairly good, with some nice twists and turns along the way. It’s easy to take in and, as long as you watch the series from start to finish, hard to become confused.
I also gave the art an 8. It was not the best looking I’ve ever seen, but that in know way, shape or form means that it was bad. It was well drawn, with a fair amount of interest devoted to the detals and backgrounds. I’m hoping that animation falls under art as well, because I was please with that on a whole. I noticed no flaws in the animation, though I was not looking as a critic but as a fan, which may have led me to over-look a few things.
The sounds were fantastic. I gave them a 10. Actually, the sound was probably the thing I enjoyed the most about the show. Even the foot-steps were beautifully recorded, and they sounded very life-like. The sounds horses made were great too, and I think the voices of all the characters fit their appearance and personality perfectly.
I gave the character a 9. Now, you may think I am being quite easy-handed with these high ratings, but I really did enjoy the character development and the characters as a whole. They interacted and grew with each other perfectly, making the show work that much better. Every conversation had meaning, every argument was intense, every taunt blood thirsty and most jokes quite funny. Some characters developed perfectly, while others failed to learn from their mistakes. I enjoyed watching Ciel realize what was important to him, and what made him do the things he did.
For enjoyment, I gave the show an 8. The factors that I considered a plus were the sound and the character development, and the factor that brought down the show for me was probably the lack of plot that acted like a back-bone. Each episode was like a new plot within a plot, which is quite hard to pull off, but it tends to draw away from the over-all problem.
Of course, this factor did not, obviously, deter me from enjoying the series, and I am stunned that such a find was just waiting for me. This is why I gave the over-all enjoyment an 8. Trust me, that ranks pretty good, and there aren’t many series I would give anything higher than a 7.
I wish I could have watched Kuroshitsuji each week as it came out, but the idea lodged in my mind that new shows must be bad would not allow me to swallow my pride and watch. After hearing people talk about the show, I decided that I just HAD to watch it. And I have to say, I’m extremely glad I that I did, and I recommend that you too watch it. It certainly is no waste of time. Please excuse any and all spelling/grammatical errors.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment